Graduation Day Part 1

  My highschool graduation came and went over a month ago and I haven't blogged about it yet but I hope to amend that at once. =)


I was so happy to be able to graduate with my three beautiful cousins! All three of us are first cousins, attend the same church and were homeschooled so it was perfect that we could also all graduate together! I loved spending time with them planning, practicing and getting ready!!


Our Graduation was May 26, 2018 and early that morning, we graduates met at the sweet, historic church right around the corner from us, that we had rented for the ceremony. When we had been planning the whole graduation, we realized that all four of us graduates were musical so we decided to combine the ceremony with a senior recital where we would each share a solo or two as well as a couple group songs. So that morning, we set up and practiced at the church while Mom, Dad and a friend, Jessica, set up the refreshments in the basement. We all rushed back to our house for a quick lunch and then the house turned into a flurry and scurry of dressing and hair fixing. Ezra Morley and Natasha Morley met us at this little brick historic church where we took our group pictures in the blistering heat trying not to get too sweaty and steamed up in the process. =) 


Left to right: Pearl Morley, Andrea Morley, Susanna Bradford & Bethany Morley 

 Quickly before the service started, we gathered to snap a picture with Pearl's brand new niece, Kari Rose with her matching dress!

  Uncle Gabriel (and father to Andrea & Bethany Morley) opened the service and my Dad led in the opening prayer.
 The first song in the program was "Be Thou My Vision" with Bethany playing the piano part (she completely memorized in it less then a month, by the way!!) and Andrea, Pearl and I playing violins.
                     Bethany was next with a lovely piano solo which she had arranged herself!

                      Andrea accompanied me on the harp for a cheerful little piece by Chopin.

                                            Pearl played a beautiful hymn as her piano solo!

                    Andrea and Bethany gave a lovely version of "Savior like a Shepherd Lead Us".

                    I was next with a piano solo by Chopin called Grande Valse brillainte.
I had last minute decided to learn a violin piece to play and we decided on "Entrance to the Queen of Sheba".

    The three girls sang a medley of "Lord be Glorified" and "I want to be like Jesus" while I accompanied them on the harp.

I played "What a Friend" as a harp solo for the last song of the recital. 

         The sanctuary was quite full and there was a whole side room with many more people in it.
 We had asked Bro. Brandon Byler to give the commencement address and he got up to speak after the last song.
   After he finished, we girls got back up to sing "Speak Lord for thy servant hears" with Mom on the piano.

Speak Lord, for thy servant hears,
Speak Lord, for thy servant hears,
I am but a child, but thou hast called my name.
There must be a special task for me to claim,
Speak Lord, for thy servant hears,
Speak Lord, for thy servant hears.
Though the task be great,
Or though the task be small,
I will trust in you alone and give my all.

 I don't ask for riches,
 I don't ask for fame.
I don't ask that honor 
Be heaped upon my name.
I only ask Thy presence 
to ever be my guide,
Speak Lord, for thy servant hears.


All Photo credits to #Ezra Morley



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Blues with the Bradfords

Finally Here!!!

We're back!